Friday, October 23, 2009

john derian decoupage

i've never been one to seek out decoupage. but when my friend risa gave me a gorgeous john derian plate as a housewarming gift, i was sold. somewhat of a celebrity in the art of decoupage, john derian's home accessories are charming and different. he handmakes all sorts of items including plates, platters, trays, paperweights, coasters, lamps, bowls and vases. i've gotten lost on his website, there's so much good stuff to choose from.

risa gave me a 5 3/4" round plate with a D on it (for my last name) and i think of her when i set my jewelry on it every night. a really great gift idea from a well-known new york artist...even though some of the price points are a little higher than i'd typically like...but...i mean...he was featured in elle decor...

below: a-z red capital letters 5 3/4 plate $44


below: painted lily tray $165


below: trademark (skull and bones) paperweight $60


below: tree of life 5 3/4 plate $48


below: fern spray paperweight $60

2 comments:

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

I LOVE John Derian! His store is up the block from me and I love perusing his eclectic inventory. He actually did a line for target last year, and I regret not getting anything!

Anonymous said...

My fave is Kaas Glassworks:

http://www.kaas.com/

They have such a great selection that changes frequently and their pieces are GREAT gifts. Bought them as xmas gifts, hostess gifts, etc... they always have great holiday-specific stuff!