Thursday, July 30, 2009

gilt for cheapies like me launches 8/12


i check gilt.com every single morning to prepare myself for the day's sales. and at noon on the dot i log in with my mouse poised. and at 12:01 i completely chicken out. i love the premium brands they feature and i love the deep discounts...but i'm the kinda girl that needs to toil over a $150+ purchase for days - not the 20 minutes they let you keep things in your cart.

that's why it was music to my ears to hear they're launching a sister site for cheapies like me - gilt fuse ("fusing fashion and affordability"). from what i hear, their first day's sale will feature brands like plenty by tracey reese and bcbg at price points between $75 and $150. i'm excited yet i'm not because i'm wondering if the selection will be any different from the sale rack at my local lord and taylor...either way, my morning routine just got one website longer.

if you're already a member of gilt, you'll have immediate access to gilt fuse. if not, you'll need an invitation.
email me
.

p.s. rachel pally and gorjana are on hautelook today at 11am eastern. i think i'm gonna go for gorjana first - i'm daydreaming of a few specific pieces right now. i'll post if i find anything fab!