Tuesday, July 28, 2009

fresh flowers on every street corner


one thing i absolutely love about new york city is the overwhelming supply of fresh cut flowers on every street corner. it seems that every bodega and grocery store in the five boroughs has loads and loads of practically any flower you can imagine. my friend megan and i were just saying a few weeks ago that you can't find that sort of thing anywhere else in the country - especially at the prices these flowers go for. i absolutely love stopping at a bodega on my way home with only a $10 bill in my hand - and walking away with a pocket full of change and a gorgeous fresh bouquet for the kitchen counter or coffee table. I DIE (to quote rachel zoe) for these in-season sunflowers and i also love a short vase filled with white hydrangea with hot pink peonies (maybe to match my punchy pink essie nail color this week?).

1 comment:

natalie v said...

And don't forget the farmers' markets. Even cheaper, a great selection, and local. it's my weekly indulgence too. gotta have fresh flowers!