Tuesday, May 25, 2010

sprucing up a bare white wall

i think i've mentioned before that nick has a strict no-painting-when-renting policy. however, i've been decorating a purchased house in my imagination for a while now so keep buying white frames for our white walls - thinking one day i'll live in a house with painted walls. either way, i wanted to share my new wall of family photos. it makes me happy to see all of their faces as i come and go every day...

step 1: i bought my favorite photos from snapfish - all in black and white and in all different sizes.
step 2: i then bought frames to fit the sizes and laid them all out on the floor to make sure the arrangement worked with the space on the wall. i decided to work around the "keep calm and carry on" poster (buy it here on etsy) i put up when we first moved in.




step 3: enlist a man to help you measure and level all of the photos. just kidding - he held the nails for me as i measured and nailed. i'm a very good eyeballer, ha.


step 4: take a step back and enjoy.



i love the punch of yellow in the middle of all of the black and white photos. i can't wait to move into a house with a painted wall so these photos will really pop.

4 comments:

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

I LOVE this!

Olga said...

Annie -- this looks great!

annie said...

thanks guys!

Louise said...

I have black/white wedding pictures in frames too...but your set up looks amazing. And I like how you mix in other pics of family. I might copy it! It's so cute and love the pop of color in the middle.