Friday, September 4, 2009

the saddest weekend of the year (for me)

sad. very, very sad. that's the only way to describe my mood as we close in on what is considered the last real weekend of the summer season. in honor of summer, i've decided to list (in no particular order) some of my ultimate favorite things about such a wonderful time of the year. not surprising that the majority are beach related.

go ahead, post in the blog's comments section - i wanna know - what are your favorite things about summer?

lightning bugs


hot dogs burned on the bbq and covered in condiments


havaiana flip flops (on sale for $15.50 from piperlime, who also has free shipping and returns)



my victoria's secret ruffle bikini top (still in stock for $18)


swimming in the ocean. even though i'm afraid sea "critters" are out to get me.


my birthday (it's on flag day)


sand in my apartment accidentally dragged in from days at the beach


sweating for no reason



outdoor beer gardens


bright pink nail polish on my toes


tan lines


my bright blue beach chair


evening strolls with nick after dinner


plums

fire island sunsets



9 comments:

Michelle said...

Eating crabs at the beach!

Anonymous said...

i <3 plums

Unknown said...

Bike rides, ice cream, flip flops, lighter workload, tans, boats, Friendly's Wattamelon Roll, weddings, beaches, summer songs, crushes, parks, bbqs

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

Coney Island, short dresses, crowded parks, outdoor drinking, suntans, outdoor concerts, outdoor movies, jogging in East River Park, no NYU students, BBQs.

Jess said...

Ok I'll get deep...the sound of crickets chirping at night (when I'm not in the city), walking around barefoot (also - not in the city - I need a summer house), the smell of Coppertone sunblock, sun tea with mint, watermelon, strawberry shortcake, laying in the warm sun and reading a book, and of course anything to do with the beach. I do have to disagree with liking sand in my apt though. I'm so sad it's almost over!

annie said...

oooooh sun tea with mint! no NYU students - totally! ice cream, mmm! great comments. keep them coming, readers.

mom said...

air conditioning....

CP said...

i am stitting in my yellow and white,plastic-tubed chaise lounge circa 1980 as i type this!-- BASKING in the last of the summer sun while soaking in rays on my patio. ah summer.

Katie said...

one ponit for SF- Our summer months have just begun....say good bye to summer fog and hell to actual sunny days.