Tuesday, March 1, 2011

putting up our crate and barrel dubois mirrors

i've had my eye on these dubois mirrors ever since we first purchased crate and barrel's colette bed about two years ago. while i don't usually copy rooms item-for-item from the store catalog, these just go together like peas and carrots. for christmas i was gifted a set of two from my parents and a set of two from nick's parents, and i gifted myself the last set this past week. my handyman nick helped me put them up over the weekend.

the last step is to find new bedding to better match my white and green curtains. i'm thinking all white. any other suggestions?

below: before

below: work in progress

below: the instructions that were clearly written by someone who does not speak english. "driller the wholes"?

below: emilio admiring our handiwork

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Annie! If you want a solid duvet I just got a great one in off white from Pottery Barn...it's really soft and looks good too :)

Sara said...

These look great! I am in the market for something above our bed too.

annie said...

sara, these are a great option - and i feel like they'd also look cool in a dining room or living room if you get tired of them.

amber said...

You're so new. Don't you know they're supposed to go on the ceiling?

Laura said...

Love it!! I say white bedding with colorful pillows to add some pizzaz!

Noelani said...

The mirrors are so perfect! I have been in love with all the duvets from West Elm lately, you should check their linens out. Tons of cute shaggy pillows too (which I really want to buy but have no use for).

Anonymous said...

Got them in my dining room. How did your handy man like hanging them? Since they are handmade...the holes aren't exactly the same distance on each one. My handyman (tom) was quite frustrated trying to get them exactly lined up!

the handyman on this project said...

I was the handyman and it was pretty brutal. Not only were the holes not all the same but the actual edges of the mirrors themselves aren't level. So there was no way of having them hang up perfectly no matter what you did. I got them close and left it at that.

I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

I purchased 6 Dubois Mirrors from C&B several months ago after crushing on them for several years. I finally put them up last week, and it was brutal. I made a template on a large paper, after carefully numbering and measuring each of the mirrors. I spent all day on the project, but they were still off when I taped the template to the wall and hung the first mirror. I have a few more nail holes in my wall than what I was planning on, and they're still not straight. But they're good enough!