Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the flock of seagulls is grounded


sad news, ladies. sad, sad news. remember my flock of seagulls dress i wrote about last week? remember that i spent almost $100 on the dress? weeellll, since i wanted to get as many wears out of it as possible, i wore it all day saturday for some errands around town. i paired it with a cute little crossbody bag that has a handy zippered pocket on the backside that is perfect for my iphone.

and apparently also perfect for ripping my flock of seagulls dress to shreds. i didn't notice until i got home in the evening that the zipper had literally shredded all of the seagulls on my right hip/butt area, about the size of an 8.5x11 piece of paper. i was <---> this close to throwing it out but decided i will still wear the dress when i can cover it up with a sweater and/or if i'm sitting down all day. just to prove to myself that it's ok, i wore it out for dinner that night with my friend mckinnon - with a strategically placed bag.

but since i was feeling so bad for myself i allowed myself a little replacement. only about a quarter the price of the flock of seagulls dress, this one shoulder number from forevs should do just fine. i wish i like it as much, though...

1 comment:

mom said...

oh no! dang those zippers....