Monday, March 21, 2011

guest blogger: korie's sex and the city knockoff

everyone, please welcome korie back to the blog! (if you missed her first post last week, check it out here) i hope she becomes a regular contributor because i love the flair she brings to paid up top. yay korie! -- annie
----

I’d been looking for something fun and fancy for a wedding we have in Buffalo, NY in late April for a while now. Being a mom of 2, I don’t get out much so when I get the chance, I really like to dress up…and go big or go home. During naptime I had been looking online for a fun gown to wear to this party. Probably totally overdressed, but that’s ok. I found a couple on Bluefly.com when they had their 15% off evening gown sale. But, when I got them and tried them on, they were not nearly as cute on me as they looked on the models online. Shocker, I know. So I returned them and being that one was Nicole Miller and one Badgley Mischka, it was probably for the best in terms of my bank account. 15% helped, but still not necessarily cheap dresses. So I kept looking…



Remember the Sex in the City episode where Carrie was modeling and she first tried on a black floral long gown….i think by Dolce and Gabbana? But then she ended up wearing the sparkly underwear type deal and falling on the runway. The long floral gown was worn by Heidi Klum and this dress I found totally reminds me of it.

1 comment:

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

So fun and unique—I especially love the colors!