Wednesday, September 9, 2009

fishs eddy. a new york institution. a kitchen shopper's dream.

fishs eddy is totally a new york city institution. i force myself to steer clear of the store near union square because i know i'd never get out of there without yet another it's-so-cute-it's-so-affordable-i-neeeeed-it-now item that won't fit in my overflowing kitchen cabinets. howeva, i will let myself peruse the website every now and again for buried treasures. these are just a few of my current fishs eddy faves.

below: wood fish salad servers for $14.95


below: sailor glassware for $5.50 per glass or $22 for a set of 4.


below: composition cup on sale for $3.98 from $7.95. what a fab pencil holder. may be a good stocking stuffer for my sister (kindergarten teacher) or friend christy (fourth grade teacher).



they have sidewalk sales on a regular basis, too, so i walk by now and again on the off chance i run into one. you never know. p.s. i want some nilla wafers now that i've been looking at that sailor glassware photo. or maybe some magnolia banana pudding (which i think has more nilla wafers than bananas in the recipe).

3 comments:

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

I love their glasses and have given them as gifts in the past. Though I've never seen the sailor design: I'm obsessed! I am most definitely getting those when I move into my own place... they would definitely suit the aesthetic of a mis-matched kitchen set!

Unknown said...

I love this store. And I've always thought people should be able to register there and Anthropologie for equally as cool home gear. You know that my Jerz cookie cutter is from Fishs Eddy, right? As is my collection of Rabbi coasters.

annie said...

i think you CAN register at fishs eddy! the place is genius.