Wednesday, September 23, 2009

challenge #1: $100ish for an entire outfit

i decided i'm going to start blogging about once a month about a shopping challenge i create for myself (or that you give me!). this inaugural challenge was to put together an outfit appropriate for a weekend night - for $100 or less, not including undergarments. this outfit was inspired by the moonshine dress from lulus.com and all of the accompanying pieces just happened to fall into place.


clockwise from top left:
grand total? $107.78. not too shabby! let me know if you have a challenge for me...i'm ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit!

This "segment" of your blog reminds me of the show Elisabeth Hasselbeck used to host - The Look for Less! One of my faves ;)

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

I challenge you to come up with a stylish look shopping only at second hand/thrift stores. You can get some very nice items if you do some searching, which I know you are amazing at doing! Some of my favorite "high-end" city thrift stores:

- City Opera Thrift Store (23rd between 2nd and 3rd)
- Housing Works (23rd between 3rd and Lexington and 17th between 6th and 7th)
- Angel Street Thrift Shop (17th between 6th and 7th)

Plus all these stores donate their proceeds to positive causes.

annie said...

love that challenge. i've been thinking that i need to start doing more thrifting so I'M IN! thanks for the suggestion.