Friday, January 7, 2011

the guest room vision: almost done

it's been a few months since we moved in and the guest room is almost done. remember when i had visions of the viceroy santa monica dancing in my head? well, i'm on my way there. i'm still looking for a new bedframe, i want to spruce up the white curtains with something (although i'm not sure what), and there are a few details here and there that i'd like to refine. but overall, i'm digging it. who wants to come visit and spend a few nights in that cozy bed? eh? bueller?

before: the blank slate

after: on my way to the viceroy (kinda)




8 comments:

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

My room is ready! Fabulous! It looks great—my favorite part are the plates! Nice work, I'll be there soon ;)

On another note, if you ever need to contrast your yellow Keep Calm print: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcvandHvng1qcdfg0o1_400.jpg

janet said...

fabulous!!!! I love the plates too...nice touch....K & W will feel right at home....xoxo

Clementine & Olive said...

This looks amaaazzzingg! Whats the paint color??

annie said...

valspar's elephant gray in eggshell finish. just a heads up that it took 3 coats so another brand might be better - http://paiduptop.blogspot.com/2010/11/guest-room-vision-viceroy-santa.html

erin said...

BTW I'm so in love with that west elm bedding. I thought about it my self. its sooo marimekko.

annie said...

it is definitely sooooo marimekko. good stuff!

Kathy said...

Annie,

Love the duvet cover and the way you decorated the bed!

In fact, I loved duvet cover so much I had to buy it myself. I was sad to see that the shams were no longer available online....I called and they found them in Houston for me. They're on sale and with the Presidents Day 15% off, it was only $24 for both shams including tax and shipping.

annie said...

kathy, that is awesome!! what a great deal. so glad you were able to find the shams - and thanks for letting me know i inspired you. love it. enjoy!