Monday, January 4, 2010

shout-out to the blogs i'm reading in 2010

becoming a blogger opened my eyes to so many things - one of them being how many great blogs there are out there in cyberspace. here's a roundup of my three personal favorites (i check about fifteen every morning) - the ones i'll definitely be reading in 2010.

do you write your own blog or have any blog suggestions for me? leave a note in the comments section and i'll be sure to check it out.


louise loves it is written by my friend jenni in chicago. jenni is a great girl with amazing style and nick and i love spending time with her and her husband. i think i inspired jenni a teensy bit to start her own blog this past summer and i must say i'm glad i did ! about louise loves it: I love to search, shop around and seek out that amazing new must-have item, cool website, great bargain and can't-pass-up deal...and I want to share these with you. My middle name is Louise, passed down from my mom in whom I learned all my bargainista ways!



the cheap chica's guide to style is one of the very first blogs i found and it's the second one i check after louise loves it. i especially like the makeup tips from founder lilliana's co-blogger abby. about cheap chica's: [In] my spare time, I’m always on the lookout for the latest fashion trends, the best bargains and that ever-elusive Saks/Barney’s employee discounts for those once-in-a-blue moon, purely selfish and unreasonable indulgences that you just can’t live without! And hence, The CheapChica’s Guide was born…to help give new meaning to the word cheap and of course, to help you look fabulous within the framework of your own figure, budget, and lifestyle.



cupcakes and cashmere is one of those ultra-popular blogs written by emily, an ultra-stylish woman in LA. i aspire to one day have as many readers as she does...and also to have as many kick-ass high heels as she does. i'm definitely not hip enough to dress like her and i definitely don't have her amazing sense of style so i think that's why i like it so much. cupcakes and cashmere has been featured on tons and tons of fashion websites and i love her food posts with gorgeous photos taken by her boyfriend.

2 comments:

Louise said...

You're so sweet - thanks for the shout out! Glad to hear you guys had a great trip home. We need to start planning our visit down there and get outta this cold!

pan galactic gargle blogger said...

These blogs are all fantastic, just like yours!

I love taking "inspiration" breaks at work to look through image-heavy blogs. I'd say my favorite of late are Spokes 'n' Daggers {http://www.spokesndaggers.blogspot.com/} and AnOther Magazine (Loves) {http://www.anothermag.com/Loves}