Wednesday, July 22, 2009

growing out hair with the help of braids and dry shampoo



braids have been back for quite some time now and i'm writing to reiterate how much i appreciate them. i'm in the process of growing out my bangs and could never get through the day without a handy little braid to hold them out of my face. the above are just a few of my go-to styles -- the top left of nicole richie is my absolute fave. according to the la times, the next hot look is the fishtail, but i'm not sure if i'll ever get back into that look...too many 6th grade memories, maybe (famous last words).

in addition to growing out my bangs, i'm also trying to grow my hair the final two inches i need before i can donate it to pantene's beautiful lengths. in an attempt to keep my hair healthy with minimal cutting and on the advice of every beauty/hair expert out there, i've been trying not to wash it everyday. so my new best friend is psssssst spray shampoo. it zaps up oil and makes hair feel instantly clean without "real" shampooing. available from drugstore.com (and i've seen it at regular old drugstores, too) for $5.99, it's the steal of the century. only words of warning -- i've heard that on dark hair it can leave white powder if you spray too much, so you may want to spring for the version made for brunettes. it's only an extra two bucks.

No comments: